Sunday, June 8, 2008

Clay's TWO babies

Clay is still really good with Spencer but the new has definitely wore off. He's not so enthusiastic about going and getting diapers or a pacifier but he does talk to him A LOT. Even when the poor baby is trying to go to sleep. I guess with time Spencer will just learn to ignore Clay and go to sleep anyway.

I don't know what Spencer's tummy troubles are being caused by but he is having trouble. He burps so hard and long when you finally get him to burp that it hurts. I've tried everything I know to help and nothing is working. None of the foods I have been eating seem to be bothering him that I can tell. I don't eat something for 2 days and then have it the next day and see how he acts and nothing is making it better. I also wonder if he's not going through a growth spurt. They say they go through one at 1 month of age (which, yesterday he was 4 weeks old) because he wants to eat about every 3 hours. The other kicker in all this is that he's sick. He has more snot and sinus drainage than one baby should have. The only person I know who has more is Clay and it's running out of his nose in bucket fulls right now. I really wanted to take Spencer to church today and show him off but I can't justify taking TWO sick kids out of the house so we are staying home.

Anyway, the house is coming along. The outside is almost done. They will come fix the siding sometime soon. We have to wait til it quits storming long enough to do it. We are getting bids for the inside work. We are pretty much going to have to move out to get it all fixed at once so when that work starts, me and the boys are going to Texas. We are going to the Panhandle for Spencer to meet Mam-maw and Papa and Granny Virgie and probably lots of other people. It depends on how long we are going to have to be gone but we may go to Roswell to see Gran and then Mom's. I really want to go to Mom's, she's got her pool open and I would love to go swimming. Not that I'm ready to put on a swimsuit yet but I have been wearing regular clothes since Spencer was 3 weeks old. That was exciting for me. I wanted Clay to take swimming lessons this year but we will probably be in Texas when they have them.

Anyway, we'll post more later.

No comments: